Other | Reston, VA, United States
We are seeking a results oriented User Experience Architect to join the MetroStar team and work in our Washington, DC area location.
The User Experience Architect is responsible for understanding users and applying human-centered design principles to the products they create. The UX Architect will collaborate with End Users, Product Owners, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and developers to identify user and product requirements, develop wireframes, workflows, and lead usability studies.
Security Clearance: Public Trust
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Creates the information architecture that enhances the user experience while maintaining project vision
- Follow Human/user-centered design principles throughout the entire process
- Collaborate with the product team including; end users, product owners, subject matter experts, throughout the project
- Gather user data and understand users through qualitative and quantitative user research
- Analyze and translate user data into meaningful solutions and recommendations
- Create low and high fidelity wireframes with specifications that communicate the UI architecture, user flow, and user interaction
- Follow a Lean UX approach to iterate and refine the UI based on usability studies, site metrics, technical constraints, and feedback
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of the human/user-centered design process
- Skill to balance user experience with usability and interaction
- Ability to gauge the usability of new and existing products, and make constructive recommendations
- Ability to effectively communicate wireframes, user flow diagrams, and storyboards to teams and clients
- Thorough knowledge of how to apply web standards (including usability, accessibility and Section 508 compliance) to user-interface development and site design
- Working within a Lean UX and agile environment
- Knowledge of various content management systems such as Drupal and SharePoint is a plus
- Ability to incorporate content strategy is a plus
- 2 years of hands-on, experience in a dynamic environment.
- Expertise in professional wire framing tools like Axure RP Pro or Omnigraffle.
- Experience in designing, conducting and analyzing usability studies with Morae (experience in eye tracking studies is a plus)
- Experience in fast prototyping of websites, applications, and mobile apps
- Experience using R and understanding of Bayesian analysis
- Experience with standard scripting languages such as HTML and CSS is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Factors, Information Science, Graphic Design, Computer Science or equivalent
Physical Requirements / Work Environment: Works in a normal office environment with controlled temperature and lighting conditions
MetroStar Systems is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of MetroStar Systems.