Senior Human Factors Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Human Factors Engineer to join our team! The successful candidate will be responsible for research and usability activities at Farm, and directly involved with the design, development, and execution of research protocols. The Sr. Human Factors Engineer receives general direction from the VP of Research & Usability, but works with minimal supervision and is expected to exert independent action and initiative, providing direction, supervision, and support to team members assigned to projects.
- Acts as Senior Researcher and Lead on client programs. Is responsible for deliverables, budgets, schedules, and activities.
- Undertakes user research, such as ethnography in healthcare settings, focus groups, preference tests, and usability tests (both formative and summative). Develops research materials, such as protocols, scripts, and data collection instruments. Responsible for collecting research data in various formats (raw hand written notes, typed spreadsheet notes, video recordings, etc.). Analyzes research data and produces deliverables suitable for HF/UE files.
- Implements a variety of user-centered design methods, such as workflow analysis and persona creation. Optimizes user interface design by integrating usability and ergonomics.
- Works on interdisciplinary teams with designers and engineers to analyze and evaluate data, conduct HF evaluations, and generate concepts, product specifications, and usability goals.
- Utilizes and further develops state-of-the-art protocols, standards, systems, and research techniques.
- Manages outside suppliers for participant recruiting and research facilities; language translation, etc.
- Creates documentation compliant to relevant standards for client medical device development programs.
- Provides accurate, well-defined, and articulate verbal and written presentations to clients.
- Interacts with the design and engineering teams to develop effective processes, close working relationships, and successful products.
- Supports business development efforts by leading prospect meetings and sales presentations and authoring proposals.
- Travel required: Up to 25% travel is required in order to conduct research activities, maintain and enrich relationships with clients, and meet with prospective clients. Additional travel may be required to attend tradeshows, seminars, and other work-related activities.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in human factors, usability, engineering psychology, and/or research from an accredited school and 5+ years of work experience or a combination of education and relevant work experience.
- Sufficient maturity to interact with Project Managers in a cooperative and productive manner with little supervision from the VP of Research & Usability.
- Expertise in a range of user-centered design and research methods.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Project management experience.
Please submit your resume to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Research & Usability
Farm |Main Office
PO Box 1260 | 12 Silver Lake Road | Hollis, NH 03049
Farm |Cleveland Clinic Office
Global Cardiovascular Innovation Center | Cleveland, OH 44106